The team at Preserve the Pensions (PTP) is always looking for ways to reach our community. We thought we’d make it easy this week, and give you ten very easy things you can do to help us reach our goal to digitally preserve the War of 1812 Pension files.
1. Share our blog posts on social media! Use hashtag #Warof1812 to let your friends know about our efforts. You can tag us on Facebook, Twitter, G+ and Pinterest.
2. Set up a monthly donation. It’s super easy! And for the price of a pizza, a latte, or a new pack of Sharpie’s, you can make a big contribution by the end of the year!
3. Add a widget to your blog or website, and link it back to our homepage: www.preservethepensions.org.
4. Research your War of 1812 ancestor using these amazing documents found on Fold3.com for FREE and then write their story! No blog? We’ll publish the story for you right here on Preserve the Pensions blog.
5. Take PTP flyers to your local society meeting, library, museum, corporate donor program, or other venue. You can order them for free and we’ll mail them to you!
6. Ask your company to contribute! Corporate donations make a huge impact when matched by Ancestry.com!
7. Create a way for your society do host a matching campaign or fundraiser. Can your society raise $500 this year toward’s the cause?
8. Volunteer! PTP is in need of folks to help with numerous tasks! We have space for you on our marketing team, major donors committee, publications team, social media, society campaigns and more! If you have an interest, please contact us to learn more.
9. Share one or all of our four videos on the project. Share them on your social media, website, blog, at your society, with your mayor and the local dog walker! Share them with everyone!
10. Donate! Every little bit helps, so donate today!
Remember, every $45 donation can save 200 pages of these records with a matching grant from Ancestry.com. What can you contribute today?